We, Martelli Europe, have a continuous commitment to behave ethically and contribute to economic development while improving the quality of life for our employees and their families as well as the local community and society at large.
We act through our management strategies to create a positive impact on society while doing business.
It is always a priority for us to keep:
- high standards in business and international certifications,
- valuable actions for the staff,
- care for the environment
- contributions and actions for society itself.
We care about world, life and people.
THE RUGBY CLUB : RC STEJARUL BUZAU
• We identified that young people in Buzau needed more opportunities to spend their time and use their energy in a positive way. Rugby is a free-flowing game that features a combination of strength, speed and strategy to move, a sport that builds strong characters and real gentlemen. This was the ignition point and credo for founding “Stejarul Buzau Rugby Club” in 2005, at the initiative to the General Manager, Mr. Angelini.
• In 2010 the club promoted to the Serie A of the Romanian Rugby Championship. Martelli Europe has always supported this initiative.
Now we take care of the junior team.
• More info here: http://rugby-stejarul-buzau.ro/
ACTIONS FOR THE STAFF:
• FOR MOTHERS AND BABIES :2011
On 02.03.2011, the MARTELLI Europe headquarters housed „The importance of breastfeeding for mother, child, family and society” presentation, sustained by Mrs. Sorana MURESAN, the President of the ProMAMA association.
The stated purpose of the presentation was to promote the benefits of breastfeeding among the employees of MARTELLI Europe. The meeting of 02.03.2011 was organized at the initiative of MARTELLI Europe’s management and could be achieved due to the availability of representatives from the ProMAMA association, which is a non-government and non-profit organization, having an educational, social, cultural and humanitarian purpose.
At the meeting of 02.03.2011, only a part of the company’s female employees were present - 50 persons – as a result, during the 2011, the other employees of MARTELLI Europe were provided with the possibility to attend the presentations organized by Martelli Europe and supported by representatives of the ProMAMA association.
• EFFORTS FOR TRAINING : 2008
As part of retaining and enhancing its resources, the company started a new Phare-funded project for employee training. An important number of employees, 194, are attending the Kaizen training program for ongoing improvement, held by the Kaizen Institute of Romania.
• CARE ABOUT OUR EMPLOYEES. IN ORDER TO CREATE A GOOD ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL OF THEM: 2006
A dynamic and rewarding year. The company certification process was initiated, obtaining the ISO 14001 certification with the goal to reach a more complex integrated system of certification.
The offices are moved into the newly completed administrative building.
We created a modern sport area with free access for our employees.
Martelli Europe winse 10th place overall and the first place in the industry for the “Best Place to Work in Romania” top conducted by Capital magazine.
• STRATEGIC THINKING IN PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT : 2004
A human resources project is developed, co-financed by the UE. In this context, 30 employees have attended courses on “The quality of textile dyeing”, 60 employees have been trained in using bar coded bills of materials, and 15 have attended an industrial accounting course.